This document is also available as a PDF.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, smartphone or other device when you access the internet.
Why are cookies essential to our website?
None of the cookies we use collect your personal information and they can’t be used to identify you.
Types of cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our websites.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our websites remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. For example, if you tick the “Remember Me” box when you log into the Members’ Area so that the site remembers your choice the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
- To determine whether or not you are currently logged in to the Members’ Area.
- To identify you as a unique visitor.
- On our online box-office. Without using cookies we would be unable to carry out your transaction.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to restrict or block the cookies we set, you can do this through your browser settings. The “help” function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you could visit https://www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on cookies on a wide variety of browsers. You’ll also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer. To learn about controlling cookies on the browser of your mobile device please refer to your handset manual.
Making choices about cookies
If you don’t want to accept cookies from us, you can set your browser to restrict or reject cookies. These settings will apply to all cookies on our website.